Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Flesh


It should be noted that I do not know how to properly blog. "Edit Html"? Sure. I mean yes please. I don't fucking know. Jeez Ramon, could you give a girl a lesson?

Anyway what I wanted to post was some mp3s and my brief comments on the new album by The Flesh: This album is really super pretty. And neat. And nice. Also good. You don't like my adjectives? I told you I'm new at this. What do you want from me? I think this band is wiggly, moody, sometimes creepy, and mostly danceable. Jamon will probably hate the shit out of it. Then he'll say, "Have you heard the Fleshettes EP by Xiu Xiu" and we'll all groan. I am sorry I keep cussing. I think it's because I just spent 8 hours in the free clinic at the Bethesda Mission-also known as God's house-where if you swear, no matter where you are in the whole g'danged building, somebody randomly appears and tells you that Jesus is mad at you. But The FLESH! The Flesh are kind of good. I am an admitted Chryssie Hynde freak, and the comparison is obvious. And I think the girl is vaguely trying to be like Karen O. But it's also strangely melancholic and a little dark, and has held my interest for the last few days, so I thought I would post. You know, on the blog. Because I'm a blogger.

http://www.adequacy.net/review.php?reviewID=7821

Sphere: Related Content

7 comments:

Mendez Tropical Pool & Patio said...

Great first post. But a bit verbose.

Jeff said...

verbose? perhaps, i think i would call it grandiose...so did i miss something? where are the mp3s?

Annalee said...

That is what I was saying about not knowing how to blog. I don't know how to post an mp3.

Jamon said...

jeez, guys. call your dogs off! who let the dogs out? you! you you you you! after all, annalee is right- the flesh's 'fire house' doesn't even compare to xiu xiu's 'fleshettes'. plus this is an excellent first attempt, slightly better than my first post and leages ahead of jeff's first post.

Annalee said...

Thanks for getting my back, Jamon. I'm not trying to be rude, but can somebody puh-lease just teach me how to upload mp3s to our killer blog? thank you and good night.

Jamon said...

the first step is finding or posting an mp3 online. if you have an mp3 you'd like to share with the class, i can post it for you if you email it to me.

Jeff said...

alls i knows is i wanna hear some flesh! pump humping aside...