Friday, May 04, 2007

I know this is a blog about politics, music, art, etc. But I am in medical school, and like most medical students, I tend to believe that the world revolves around (me, and) the obscure diseases I am studying. While memorizing the irrelevant details of a particular parasitology lecture, I came across this diagram in my professor's lecture. A lame and outdated artistic rendering of toxoplasma gondii infection, but still one of the least disturbing things I have looked at today. I am not sure which part of this classic drawing appeals to me most-the unashamed cat, staring straight ahead whilst shitting out parasites, or the pleasant and slightly anrodgynous guy happily wolfing down said organisms. Or maybe it is the contemplative woman who is emptying her cartoon cat's infectious feces, quietly unaware of the giant mutant fetus that dangles by its umbilical cord on the outside of her body.

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Jeff said...

yeah that poor bastard eating the undercooked meat is in for a rough night...problem is that meat looks suspicously like ham and ham is cured. damn medical textbooks and their shoddy text editors.